Welcome to Somesouls' Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Relative Clause


Relative Clause adalah kata penghubung yang berfungsi untuk menghubungkan 2 klausa.

Gunakan "who", "whom"bila subject yang digantikan orang.
Contoh: 1.  The woman is sitting near the door.
                   The woman is my new teacher
                   The woman  who is sitting near the door is my new teacher.
              2.  The boy is very smart.
                   I admire him.
                    The boy whom I admire is very smart
Gunakan "which"bila subject yang digantikan benda, "that" bila subject yang digantikan orang/benda
Contoh:
1.  The book is expensive
     I bought the book at Gramedia yesterday.
     The book which I bought the book at Gramedoia yesterday is expensive.
            2.  You called the girl just now.
                 The girl is my daughter.
                 The girl that you called  just now is my daughter.
Gunakan "where" bila subject yang digantikan keterangan tempat.
           1.  I was born in a small village.
                 The small village is very quiet.
                 The small village where I was born is very quiet.
Trik mudah menghafal penggunaan either,neither,both and,not only but also, neither nor. adalah antara lain sbb:
-  either dan neither selalu digunakan untuk kalimat pernyataan yang negatif. Either selalu diletakkan di belakang dan neither selalu diletakkan di depan.
Contoh:
Siti doesn't like avocado, neither do I.
Siti doesn't like avocado, I don't either.
Sedangkan both ... and (yang berarti keduanya .... dan .... ) serta not only ... but also (yang berarti tidak hanya .... tetapi juga ...) digunakan untuk menyebutkan dua hal/benda/orang, boleh diletakkan di depan atau belakang sesuai kebutuhan.
Contoh:
Both Edi and Tasya are from West Java.
They learn not only English but also Japanese.

Neither .... nor ... (yang berarti tidak keduanya). Jadi anda bs menggunakan itu kalau ingin menyatakan bahwa dua-duanya tidak .... dan tidak perlu menggunakan 'NOT' lagi. Krn Neither = not either.
Contoh:
Neither the students nor the teachers come to school on Sundays.

5 comments:

anamz said...

thanks Mr. SomeSouls for this info











Anamz 9a

Somesouls said...

You're welcome, I do hope it will be useful for U.

DMK's File said...

Mr. Samsul, first I thank you for your blog, because I can few understand the "relative clause", even if you have not taught directly. The classes that did what sir? And what is neither, and either it? And for what it is? Because in the Mr. Samsul's blog, there is no explanation for what that 2 words? And what does it do? and because in your blog, you just explain where to put neither and either. Thank you


Dio (7C)

Shafira said...

I wish to thank Mr. samsul, due to the existence of this blog I can get a lot of science and yet I know I can learn more through the existence of this blog

Shafira said...

I wish to thank Mr. samsul, due to the existence of this blog I can get a lot of science and yet I know I can learn more through the existence of this blog

Shafira 7 C